We are finally somewhat recovered from Wildflower weekend, although, we haven’t quite stopped working since getting back.
We’ll keep our Wildflower recap brief–summarized to our staff’s favorite moments. Some of us raced; some of us worked the booth at the expo; and, we all camped…
In no particular order, our favorite moments:
- Running the hill at the end of the course with 40 different people to motivate them to the finish line. Did Missy, with her green CEPs, cheer you on?
- Drinking Festina Peche from Dogfish Head Brewing Company, while cheering ourselves hoarse, on Lynch Hill, during the Olympic distance course.
- Hearing a dog barking Saturday night, from another tent, and thinking, “I hope this doggie is scaring off the wild piggies!”
- Seeing the first female in the collegiate race “chick” so many of the dudes.
- Chatting with all of the athletes who came by our booth, making sure they had all they needed, and hearing about their favorite moments–past and present.
- Enjoying swimming in the cool lake and a sweet PR for the 1.2 mile swim.
- Prepping for camping and testing out camping gear in the service area (see photo above).
- And of course, as most of you can relate, finishing…
Please feel free to share your favorite memories by commenting below…We hope to see you next year, at Wildflower’s 30th anniversary race!